1.(Scope of service provision)
Queues provides all or part of the following services to users.
- Providing you with job information, matching your entry details with job requirements, recommending you to employers and contacting you.
- Arranging interviews and other meetings with companies on your behalf
- Providing job advice via email, chat and video meetings and so on. .
- Providing any other services and information that Queues deems to be of benefit to you.
We reserve the right to change or suspend our services without notice if we believe that we are unable to contact you or provide you with any further services.
2.(Recommendation to jobs)
Queues will match your application with the job requirements by companies, but will not be able to provide details of the selection criteria or reasons for the decision. Even if we accept your application for a job, Queues may not recommend you for that job, or we may contact you on behalf of the employer to inform you that you do not meet the requirements for the job.
3.(Treatment of personal information)
Queues takes the protection of personal data very seriously. Queues takes the protection of personal information very seriously and will not disclose it to any third party without your consent.
4.(Submission of documents)
- The user shall promptly submit various certificates, passports and other documents when requested by Queues.
- In accordance with local laws and regulations, we will keep the name, contact details (address, telephone number, etc.) and passport number of any person who has used our service to find employment for a maximum of two years. If you wish to have your information deleted after two years, please contact us via the contact.
5.(Accuracy of personal data)
You shall provide Queues and the employer with accurate personal information. Queues cannot be held responsible for any problems with companies based on inaccurate or false information provided or misleading representations.
Users must not do any of the following.
- Actions that interfere with the business or operations of Queues or employers, or actions that damage social credibility or reputation.
- Actions that slander, defame or insult Queues or a third party.
- Actions that infringe on copyrights, trademark rights, trade secrets, honor, privacy, etc. owned by Queues or third parties.
- The act of using information obtained through our service for purposes other than those for which it was intended, or the act of leaking information to a third party without Queues' consent.
- The act of directly contacting employers that has been introduced through our service without Queues' consent, and receiving or joining a recruitment process.
- Absenting yourself from an interview or selection test/interview without prior notice without a valid reason, or declining a job offer after accepting it.
- Violating the law or public order and morals
Queues will contact you if you wish to confirm the employment conditions and other contractual details of the employers, but you are responsible for directly confirming the working conditions and other contractual details with the employer before entering into a contract. You accept that the working conditions notified to you by Queues do not constitute a final guarantee of the details of the contract in question.
8.(Limitation of liability)
You understand that our service is not a guarantee of a job offer. In the event of a dispute with a employer regarding working conditions or any other aspect of the contract, you agree to discuss and resolve the dispute with the employer at your own risk and expense.
The visa process for overseas employment is the direct responsibility of the employer and you(the user). Queues shall not be liable for any delay, suspension of the visa process or visa rejection by the employer or the government of the country of work, which may affect the terms and conditions of employment.
Queues shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of delays or inability to provide our services due to reasons beyond Queues' control caused by force majeure.
11.(Liability for damages)
In the event that you cause damage to Queues, its affiliates or third parties, you shall indemnify Queues for such damage.
13.(Governing law and exclusive jurisdiction)
The governing law shall be the laws of Hong Kong and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. If any dispute arises in relation to this service, the court having jurisdiction over the head office of the Company shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
1.(Purpose of use)
Queues will collect and use personal information appropriately for the following purposes.
- to contact you about your application and to help you decide whether to apply for a position with a company
- to contact you, to provide you with information, to ask you questions and to answer your questions
- to request your cooperation in marketing activities such as surveys and interview requests
- for identification, verification, internal records, research and statistical purposes
- for other purposes as determined by Queues.
2.(Restrictions and exceptions to the provision of personal information)
Queues will not provide personal information to third parties beyond the scope of the purposes of use described in the preceding paragraph without the consent of the individual. However, Queues may provide personal information without the consent of the individual in the following cases
- when required by law
- when it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property
- when it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person or organization entrusted by them to carry out their duties as required by law.
- when Queues deems it necessary.
When Queues outsources all or part of its business, it may disclose the minimum necessary personal information to the outsourcer.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact us at
Telephone: +852 51726295
( September 3, 2021 Modified)